Do you want to try? step-by-step tutorials for beginners
The following tutorials deal with two independent tasks that have different requirements:
- all about training a new CNN model, with a dataset on your own, is highly demanding (i.e. it requires a large amount of calculations). In most cases it requires:
- a GPU card and all its ecosystem (drivers, CUDA installed,...)
- a range of software librairies to install on the system (cuDNN, TensorFlow,...)
- mastering the OS, preferentially Linux
- using a pre-trained model is much less demanding, does not necessarily requires a GPU card and is much much easier.
In these tutorials, it is possible to skip the training part (when there is one) since the pre-trained models are made available.
NOTA BENE: it should take just the snap of a finger to re-run these analysis on Linux (the widespread OS in the machine learning community). However, some changes/adaptations are required on Windows
Tutorial 1: Detecting giraffe flanks with YOLO (deprecated) (training + detection)
Warning: using Yolo on Windows is highly challenging whereas possible in theory
Tutorial 2: Detecting giraffe flanks with Mask-RCNN (training + detection)
Warning: varying classification performance...